To achieve momentum-building publicity of well-written books to promote online and in-store sales.
JDoubleD Publicity offers a professional service to Publishing Houses and authors to promote published work of fiction or non-fiction to the media and in turn to readers.
Janine Daniel is offering her services as a freelance publicist for Publishing Houses and published authors. Janine will be able to market books, to the right media, in order to entice people not only to buy the book but to speak about it, too.
The publicity package includes the following;
- Meeting with the Publishing House and/or author/s in person or over Skype
- Reading of the manuscript or published book
- Identifying the target market
- Drawing up a publicity plan
- Implementing the strategy
- Writing the press release/s and sending it to the relevant media
- Arranging the book launch (within the budget stipulated)
- Finding the right venue (which has synergy with the book being launched)
- Designing the invitation
- Sending the invitation to the media and to the author/Publishing Houses guest list
- Arranging the catering and refreshments (to be paid for directly by the client)
- Arranging the sound equipment (to be paid for directly by the client)
- Compiling the order of events
- Arranging the sale of books at the book launch
- Putting together media packs
- Sending review copies to the media
- Setting up interviews with the media
- Putting together a comprehensive Publicity Schedule
ABOUT JDOUBLED PUBLICITY
Janine Daniel has worked in the Publishing Industry for 14 years. She started her career in 2004, working at Penguin Books South Africa. She produced Jenny Crwys-Williams book show on Talk Radio 702 and freelanced for Pan MacMillan. Janine also worked at the fiercely independent Jacana Media for four years.
Janine is a publicity expert and has a vast network of contacts within the South African publishing and media community.
Janine has a B.A Communications Degree, majoring in Communications and Psychology. She has an honours Degree in Communication Studies as well as in Psychology.
Janine is passionate about children and education. She was the founder and owner of www.tum2mom.co.za. Janine loves to practice yoga and she is also a Heartfulness meditator and trainer. She lives in Randburg with her daughter and two cats.
CURRENT BOOK PROMOTION
Thank you to the following publishing houses for their ongoing support
I have worked with Janine Daniel as my publicist for a number of years now. I can unhesitatingly recommend her for her hard work, her attention to detail, her commitment and her wonderful creative thoughts. She not only makes sure the basics are done thoroughly, she also goes the extra mile and comes up with innovative sales ideas that are absolutely unique. She is by far the best publicist I have ever had the pleasure working with. Hamilton Wende – Author
John van de Ruit – author of the Spud Series, published by Penguin Books (2009)
I worked with Janine Daniel over a period of three years at Penguin Books, where as a publicist, she was assigned to handle the entire Spud publicity portfolio. This encompassed compiling and planning my book tours for Spud – The Madness Continues… and Spud, Learning to Fly; handling all publicity requests on a daily basis and escorting me on all publicity engagements, signings and appearances.
Considering the size of the task, I would rate Janine’s expertise as superb, and her efficiency top notch. I found her to be a relaxed and enjoyable traveling companion and her calm presence and attention to detail allowed me, the author to concentrate on my specific roles.
She was a vital and unseen cog in the Spud explosion and I was saddened to hear that Janine was leaving Penguin Books to diversify her career. I therefore have no hesitation in recommending her services and skills to any and all.
Fees vary from project to project, and will be quoted on application, on an individual basis, once a project and the needs of the Publishing House and/or author or have been discussed and assessed.
083 327 3393